PARSIPPANY, N.J. (Feb. 26, 2009) – Wyndham Hotel Group today announced several leadership appointments and promotions as part of its ongoing effort to be the company of choice for franchisees and guests.
- Jim Alderman has been appointed executive vice president of development, responsible for growing the company’s Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® flagship brand globally and its other brands outside of North America. He joined the company from Starwood Capital Group.
- As chief performance officer, Daniel del Olmo will take the lead in setting the company’s strategy and optimizing its performance. In this role, he will be responsible for developing and overseeing the Hotel Group’s long-term growth plan. Del Olmo previously served the company as vice president of strategy and innovation.
- Duane Elledge has been promoted to chief retention officer. He will work across disciplines to ensure that programs and initiatives are developed with the customer – franchisees and guests – in mind. Elledge will oversee the training and re-licensing functions. Elledge was previously the Hotel Group’s executive vice president of brand services.
- The company’s revenue producing functions will be led by Ross Hosking. As executive vice president of global sales, he will oversee the sales department and hotel operations centers. Hosking joins the company from Starwood Hotels and Resorts.
- Sean Worker has been promoted from senior vice president to executive vice president of international operations. He will continue to lead operations functions for Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as the Asia Pacific region and have indirect responsibility for the communication, coordination and execution of all cross-functional initiatives in those geographic areas.
“A great company prepares for what it wants to be and gets there through thoughtful planning and great execution,” said Wyndham Hotel Group President and CEO Eric Danziger. “Our executive committee, of like hearts, different minds and laser-like focus, is committed to helping ensure that the Hotel Group is best of breed in the industry.”
Wyndham Hotel Group, one of three principal components of Wyndham Worldwide Corporation (NYSE: WYN), encompasses over 7,000 hotels and 592,000 rooms in 67 countries under the Wyndham®, Ramada®, Days Inn®, Super 8®, Wingate® by Wyndham, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Microtel Inns & Suites®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Travelodge®, Knights Inn® and AmeriHost Inn® brands. All hotels are owned individually and operated independently or by Wyndham Hotel Management. Wyndham Hotel Group is based in Parsippany, N.J. For additional information or to make a reservation, visit www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
# # #
Christine Da Silva
Director, Media Relations
Wyndham Hotel Group
1 Sylvan Way
Parsippany, NJ 07054
+1 (973) 753-6590