Hemingway, Ltd., a corporation owned by the estate and family of Ernest Hemingway, has announced that it has entered into a worldwide license agreement with Hemingway Hotels & Resorts to develop luxury hotels and resorts based upon the life of Ernest Hemingway. The company has had interest from and is targeting developers and existing owners who are building new, or converting existing, hotels in destinations that are inspired by his work, travels and appetite for life, all representing the best of the Hemingway lifestyle. A prolific writer, world traveler and constant adventurer, Hemingway's spirit lives on with a timeless appeal that will imbue each distinctive property.
B. Tuckey Devlin, President of Hemingway Hotels & Resorts, says, "We have begun evaluating a number of potential locations. Hemingway properties will provide a travel adventure experience through a combination of unique accommodations, urban and outdoor activities, and a level of service consistent with luxury branded hotels. We have entered into a partnership with Trust Hospitality, a management company with over 25 years of hotel operating experience, to ensure that the branding and management of Hemingway Hotels & Resorts is in accordance with our brand's high expectations and standards."
Marla A. Metzner, President of Fashion Licensing of America, Inc., the exclusive licensing agent of Hemingway, Ltd., states, "We believe that the life and times of Ernest Hemingway personify the sense of adventure and appetite for living that is in all of us. Creating lifestyle destinations based on his persona allows those who have only read or dreamed about the adventures of Ernest Hemingway to participate in them. We are excited about moving this venture forward."
Hemingway Hotels & Resorts has established guidelines and criteria in order to bear the brand name:
- A property must be located in a destination that has a relationship with the great author and his literature, or offer the lifestyle opportunity for an adventure experience that those locales may suggest.
- The architecture will express the spirit of the hotel's location and often reference the places where Hemingway lived and wrote.
- In homage to Hemingway's passion for great food, the restaurants will serve authentic cuisine reflecting the local culture.
- Bars will serve as the ultimate gathering places to enjoy Hemingway's favorite libations and the camaraderie of friends.
- Enlightened activities will be offered day and night; from adventurous sports in the great outdoors to cultural events like book readings and tours.
- The essence of Hemingway will be celebrated -- a passion for life, intellectual curiosity, unwavering integrity and a respect for the natural world.
- Guestrooms should meet a minimum 4-star criteria.