||• Number of rooms: 500
• Projected opening date: March 2013
• Architect: ESG Companies
• Management company: Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
• Owner: Joint ownership between Carlson and Mortenson Construction
• Project value: $137.5 million
• Notes: The upper-upscale Radisson Blu Mall of America will be the second Radisson Blu in North America and aligns with Carlson Rezidor’s plans to expand Radisson as a contemporary and globally consistent brand in key cities. It will be the first hotel connected by skyway to the mall and will feature three room styles: ‘Urban,’ ‘Naturally Cool’ or ‘Mansion House.’ The FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar will feature a mix of classic American heartland flavors. Harry Gorstayn was named GM of hotel in late April; Gorstayn previously worked with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts for 24 years, including manager at the Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire in California. Watch a video tour of the property while under construction.