NASHVILLE, Tennessee—The winners of the inaugural 2010 STR Best Performing Hotel Award were announced today during the 2010 Hotel Data Conference, presented by Gaylord Hotels, and hosted by HotelNewsNow.com and STR. The conference was held this week at the Loews Vanderbilt Nashville Hotel.
The seven winners were chosen based on reported performance by hotels, including occupancy, average daily rate, and revenue per available room, compared with their respective market-scale performance.
“STR is excited to honor these top-performing hotels,” said Randy Smith, CEO of STR. “With the tough economi
c road the industry has travelled, it is nice to recognize a group of hotels that stood strong and were top performers in the industry.”
The award was given to one hotel in each of the seven Chain Scale segments. The 2010 STR Best Performing Award winners:
• Luxury Segment: Four Seasons Hotel New York;
• Upper Upscale Segment: Westin Sunset Key (Florida) Guest Cottages;
• Upscale Segment: Homewood Suites Jackson (Wyoming);
• Midscale-with-Food-and-Beverage Segment: Quality Suites Oceanfront Jacksonville Beach (Florida);
• Midscale-without-Food-and-Beverage Segment: Hampton Inn Chicago Majestic Theatre District;
• Economy Segment: Days Inn & Suites Jekyll Isle Oceanfront (Jekyll Island, Georgia); and
• Independent Segment: White Elephant Hotel (Nantucket, Massachusetts)
The winners were determined based on a number of criteria, including the following metrics: occupancy, ADR and RevPAR in year-over-year comparisons (2009 vs. 2008). The 2009 performance was also compared against each property’s Market Scale performance as well as percent change.
STR provides clients—including hotel operators, developers, financiers, analysts and suppliers to the hotel industry—access to hotel research with regular and custom reports covering North America, Mexico and Caribbean. STR provides a single source of global hotel data covering daily and monthly performance data, forecasts, annual profitability, pipeline and census information. STR founded the STR family of companies and is proudly associated with STR Global, RRC Associates, STR Analytics, and HotelNewsNow.com. For more information, please visit www.str.com.
VP, Digital Media & Communications
+1 (615) 824-8664 ext. 3318
Rachael Spann Urie
+1 (615) 824-8664 ext. 3305