The 2012 STR Best Performing Hotel Awards were presented during last week's fourth annual Hotel Data Conference, hosted by STR and HotelNewsNow.com at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee—The 2012 STR Best Performing Hotel Awards were presented today during the 2012 Hotel Data Conference, hosted by STR and HotelNewsNow.com, and presented by the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel.
The conference and award ceremony were held at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
“We take great pleasure in recognizing these seven hotels as the best performing properties in the hotel industry during 2011,” said Randy Smith, co-founder and chairman at STR. “These hotels and staff have gone above and beyond, demonstrating strong performance during 2011. We are proud to recognize their achievements.”
|From left to right: Jocelynn Forlong (Four Seasons); Randy Smith (STR); Frank Fuentes (Z Ocean Hotel South Beach); Everett Smith (Best Western King Charles); Maureen Sheridan (Best Western King Charles); Tim Malbon (Best Western Plus Beach Resort).|
The award was given to one hotel in each of the seven Chain Scale segments. The 2012 STR Best Performing Award winners:
- Luxury Segment: Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole (Teton Village, Wyoming);
- Upper Upscale Segment: Joie De Vivre Ventana Inn & Spa (Big Sur, California);
- Upscale Segment: Crowne Plaza Z Ocean Hotel South Beach (Miami Beach, Florida);
- Upper Midscale Segment: Best Western Plus Beach Resort Hotel (Fort Myers Beach, Florida);
- Midscale: Best Western King Charles Inn (Charleston, South Carolina)
- Economy Segment: Super 8 Nacogdoches (Nacogdoches, Texas); and
- Independent Segment: San Ysidro Ranch (Santa Barbara, California).
Best Performing Hotel Award methodology
The winners were determined based on a number of criteria, including the following metrics: occupancy, average daily rate and revenue per available room, over the two-year period of 2010 and 2011. The 2011 performance was compared against each property’s Market Scale performance as well as the 2010 performance. In order for a hotel to be considered for this award, the hotel was required to report data for the 24-month period, had to be open for those consecutive 24 months and reported no room-count changes during the 24-month period.
VP, Digital Media & Communications
+1 (615) 824-8664 ext. 3318
Rachael Spann Urie
Director, Public Relations
+1 (615) 824-8664 ext. 3305