By Shawn A. Turner, Finance Editor
30 March 2010
Some hotel-industry observers fear that labor attorney Craig Becker, appointed to the National Labor Relations Board on 27 March, could try to push through elements of the now-stalled Employee Free Choice Act.
29 March 2010
From the desks of the HotelNewsNow.com editorial staff:
• HIL up slightly in February;
• Ibrahim appointed BHA chief;
• Becker appointed to U.S. NLRB;
• extended stay to see 1Q demand bump; and
• corporate housing saw modest rate decreases in 2009.
By Patrick Mayock, Editor-in-Chief
01 October 2010
Passage of the Employee Free Choice Act might be on hold, but key appointments to the National Labor Relations Board are fostering a pro-labor climate in the U.S. hotel industry.