Aimbridge Hospitality’s Canadian affiliate acquired Canadian condo-hotel management company Bellstar Hotels & Resorts.
DALLAS (October 10, 2019) – Aimbridge Hospitality, North America’s largest independent hotel investment and management firm, announces its Canadian affiliate has acquired Canadian condo-hotel management company, Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, Ltd.
Founded in 2003, Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, Ltd., manages luxury destination resorts across western Canada. The company ensures each managed property maintains its unique individuality with a corporate mission of exceptional experiences for guests, owners and employees.
“I am excited to pass the torch to Aimbridge Hospitality, a company just as dedicated to innovation and revenue growth,” said Dale Hodgson, CEO at Bellstar Hotels & Resorts. “The robust infrastructure and proven managerial performance Aimbridge brings to the table bodes really well for our owners and guests going forward.”
The transaction adds seven Canadian properties with a total of more than 600 keys to Aimbridge Hospitality’s ever-growing hotel portfolio.
The newly acquired properties, all independent assets located in Western Canada, include the following:
Grande Rockies Resort, Canmore, Alberta
• Situated in the Bow Valley of the Canadian Rockies, the resort features 104 guest rooms and suites that are ideal for family travel, corporate groups or mountain weddings.
Solara Resort & Spa, Canmore, Alberta
• An award-winning wellness resort designed for corporate conferences, luxurious family vacations and romantic getaways, the stylish mountain retreat provides 154 luxury accommodations and resort amenities amid the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
Glacier Mountaineer Lodge, Golden, British Columbia
• Located in the heart of Kicking Horse Mountain Resort alpine village, the ski-in/ski-out lodge offers 106 guest rooms and suites with sprawling views of the surrounding mountains.
Kicking Horse Homes, Golden, British Columbia
• A selection of six spacious and luxurious on-mountain townhomes providing a perfect setting for extended family getaways.
Palliser Lodge, Golden, British Columbia
• Steps away from Kicking Horse Mountain Resort village, the 40-suite resort offers tranquil setting within the glades for easy ski-in/ski-out access.
The Royal Kelowna, Kelowna, British Columbia
• This 70-key all-suite downtown hotel backs directly on to Okanagan Lake, and features some of the largest suites in Canada’s Okanagan wine region.
The Beach Club Resort, Parksville, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
• Located on the site of the historic Island Hall Resort, this luxury property offers 149 guest suites on Vancouver Island’s east coast, along with an onsite spa, seaside pool and hot tub, fitness centre, and onsite dining options.
In addition to the seven condo-hotel management agreements, Aimbridge will acquire a corporate office in Calgary that currently employs 18 people in support of the Bellstar portfolio.
“The acquisition of this robust company and its seven thriving properties is a huge addition to Aimbridge Hospitality’s international portfolio,” said Dave Johnson, Chairman and CEO at Aimbridge Hospitality. “As we look toward international expansion, we are proud to welcome these properties to our management portfolio and look forward to ongoing success in the Canadian market.”
Download photos of the properties here.
Aimbridge Hospitality is headquartered in Dallas with development offices in Toronto, Puerto Rico and Chicago.
For more information on Aimbridge Hospitality, please visit www.aimbridgehospitality.com.
The above is a news release written by a third party. While HNN’s editorial mission is to produce unique content, it occasionally publishes timely, newsworthy news releases to complement in-house reporting efforts. All news releases are clearly marked as such. For questions and clarification, please contact Editorial Director Stephanie Ricca at firstname.lastname@example.org.